Thursday, January 7, 2016

Welcome to My Blog

Where in the World is Wendy F?

This blog is about my travels. I think it all started when I was born into a military family and we had to move every 3 years. I'm comfortable with new places and people. Or maybe I'm fulfilling my name destiny. Wendy is a name that began in 1904 as a character in the play "Peter Pan" and she sure wasn't afraid to spread her wings and go to new places. Whatever the case, I just have to go!  Once I came across the Travelers' Century Club list of countries, I knew I had to join that club. I'm not there yet but have finally reached the halfway point. I hope to give the second half a jump start in 2016.

You will want to bookmark this page because on April 15, I'm taking a trip around the world! Don't ask me where we are going - we don't find out each country until 4 hours prior to flight time. I'll be traveling with Sue (my mom who has been to more countries than I) on the Global Scavenger Hunt in a race to be crowned the World's Greatest Travelers! Can we do it? We are sure going to try.

One of the perks of this trip that aligns with my life-goals is charity work. We will be volunteering our time along the way and hope to raise some money for the charitable organization operated by the organizers of the trip. In the months leading up to the trip, I'll let you know how you can help.

I know this trip is not for everyone so I hope you will enjoy the ride. Maybe you will find a place or 2 you'll just have to visit.

2 comments:

  1. Ain't you something??? You betcha I'll be following you ... xoxoxo

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh, one of these days I would like to be on that track! It was once on mine and Andy's bucket list when he was well! We just might cross paths! Have fun!!!

    ReplyDelete